Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Another Book Published!

The second book in the Ohio 4-H Quilt series is published!  I am proud to be lead author with my team of 4-H Volunteers Donna Arnold, Sarah Wensink, Rita Trumbull and Joanne Kessen.  "Quilting the Best Better"  takes beginning quilters to the next level.  It demonstrates to the reader hand quilting, working with triangles, exploring sewing machines and the many models available today...and best of all it emphasizes the importance of service learning and how quilters can make a difference to others.  I could not be more pleased with the quality of the book.  Thank you one and all who made this book possible.  I look forward to seeing all the 4-H'ers advance their quilting skills in Ohio and the nation.  Our last book "You Can Quilt!" has been requested nationwide.



I love to explore lots of mediums in quilting and art is definitely one of them.  The above picture is my dabbling in free motion quilting, fabric dying, creating free form flowers with bobbin work and rubber stamping on fabric.  I love being free and just playing with what comes to mind next.  I often times do not have a plan until I pull out the fabric and turn on the machine.  I am a little crazy like that:)  I hope this post finds everyone doing well and staying warm.  It has been a long winter and I think everyone is ready for Spring!

Stay Stitching,
Jenna Louise

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so very happy for you babe :)
    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's wonderful! (At last I can leave a comment - I think Blogger has been having fun and games with me!)x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!